Hein & Associates LLP is recognized as a leading accounting and advisory firm where its people and clients share knowledge, thrive in a culture of teamwork, and build long-term relationships deeply rooted in integrity.
Hein serves public and private companies in a variety of industries across the country from our offices in Denver, Dallas, Houston, and Orange County. We also serve clients globally through our alliance with associations of independent accounting firms around the world.
According to Accounting News Report, Hein is ranked among the Top 25 auditors serving SEC registrants, and Accounting Today lists Hein among the nation’s overall Top 100 accounting and advisory firms. Hein has been named to Inside Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best Firms” list, honoring only 25 firms for their management and superior operational performance.
The General/Accounts Payable Accountant is primarily responsible for general accounting support and full cycle accounts payable for 4 offices including out of state locations. This position reports to and assists the controller with journal entry preparation, month end close, account reconciliations, and special projects.
- Review of invoices for proper coding and approvals for entry into the accounting system.
- Weekly check runs, including ACH and credit card payments
- Setup new vendors, W9 tracking and annual 1099 processing
- Electronic scanning of AP and accounting documents and maintaining electronic vendor files
- Research and resolve AP issues with vendors and internal office personnel
- Use Tax preparation and reporting for 4 different tax jurisdictions
- Responsible for online banking system and banking transactions
- Bank reconciliations, journal entry prep, and GL to Sub-ledger reconciliations
- Maintain/update fixed assets in SAGE FAS software
- Assist controller with month end close and accounting related projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, but a combination of Associates Degree and related work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3-4 years AP/Accounting experience required
- Proficient in MS Excel and experience with financial accounting systems.
- Strong customer service skills and a professional attitude a must.
- Good organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and good judgment is essential.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize
- Prior experience with use tax preparation and reporting preferred.
- Prior experience with fixed assets a plus.